The following conditions should be complied when you go far Christian marriage registration in Tamilnadu :-
- Jurisdiction for Christian marriage registration in Tamilnadu :-
Jurisdiction for Registration Under Tamilnadu Marriage Act :-
Place of marriage is the only jurisdiction to register your marriage Act 2009 in Tamilnadu. Christians can register their marriage in one day process within 150 days from the date of marriage.
Jurisdiction for Registration under Christian marriage Act :-
All the Christian marriages solemnized in Tamilnadu can apply marriage certificate in IG registration Tamilnadu.
Jurisdiction for Registration under special marriage Act :-
Place of residence of Husband and wife is the only jurisdiction to register the Christian marriage under special marriage Act in Tamilnadu
Registration Under Christian Marriage Act :-
After completing church wedding, the Christian couples can get marriage certificate from Inspector general of registration , No.100, Santhome High Road Tamilnadu-600028
How to get Christian marriage certificate from Inspector general of registration :-
- After solemnization of Christian marriage the church will submit the marriage extract to their District registrar office.
- The District registrar will forward the extract Inspector general of registration with covering letter and reference number. The reference number and dispatch number will be given to Church after dispatch.
- The couples has to get dispatch number and date form Church and based on that information they have to make an application for marriage certificate in Inspector general of registration office.
Documents required to get marriage certificate from Inspector general of registration :-
- Filled application with 5 rupees court fee stamp
- Husband and wife ID proof
- District registrar reference number
- .District registrar office dispatch date
- Church certificate
Inspector general of registration Chennai office working Hours :-
Monday to Friday morning 10 AM to 1 PM
FEES for Getting Christian Marriage certificate :-
You have to pay Rs. 40 as Cash .
How long will take to get marriage certificate from Inspector general of registration :-
After submitting application , they will ask you to come after ten days to get original marriage certificate.
Christian marriage registration under Special marriage Act :-
Unmarried Christian couples those who wish to court marriage and married Christian those who forgot to register their marriage under Tamilnadu marriage Act 2009 and those who not able to get Christian marriage certificate from Inspector general of Registration can register their marriage under special marriage Act any time after the marriage.
Age requirement for Christian marriage registration in Tamilnadu :-
Age requirement for Christian Male :
- Male must completed 21 years of age and he should be in 22 years of age (22 should run ) if 21 is running he is not eligible get married under Tamilnadu marriage act in Tamilnadu.
- If the perform the marriage before completing 21 years that marriage will become invalid and it is become illegal.
- Age requirement for Female :
- Male must completed 18 years of age and he should be in 19 years of age ( 19 should run ) if 18 is running he is not eligible get married under Tamilnadu marriage act in Tamilnadu. If already married the wife also must completed 21 years of age at the time of filing notice.
Documents required to register under Christian marriage act in Tamilnadu :
Age proof :
Any one of following documents required for Christian marriage registration in Tamilnadu :
- Birth certificate (or)
- Education certificate
If you don’t have above said document you must have at least Passport or PAN card.
Address proof :
- Passport (or)
- Aadhar card (or)
- Driver License
- Voter ID (or)
- Ration Card
Marriage proof :
Online download possible for Tamilnadu marriage certificate in Tamilnadu :
Christian marriage Act certificate will not be updated in Tamilnadu Government official website , you have to make application in Inspector general of registration office and you can get certified copy of marriage certificate any time.